Behavioural Science influences our decision-making on everything right from visual design to messaging and technology. It is an umbrella term given to a wide number of fields that study how human behavior impacts a person’s thoughts and decisions. While there are many ways through which brands use behavioral science to understand their audience, online surveys and campaigns are perhaps the most feasible for maximum engagement.
Also Read: Ways To Minimize Your Digital Footprint For Data Privacy
Here are a few practical ways to apply behavioral science to strengthen audience engagement in digital marketing:
- Studies imply that our brain understands visuals more fluently than words, leading to quicker and comparatively less effortful processing. Also, simpler visuals are processed more easily and positively than complex visuals. For example, to deliver simplicity, connectivity, seamlessness and modernity, MasterCard recently modified its brand logo.
Also Read: Top 10 Big Data CRM Tools
- Our brains release happy hormones while solving simple puzzles or on achieving goals. Research on problem solving shows that consumers get emotional rewards in the form of a dopamine boost when they solve quick puzzles. Logos that make a consumer solving simple puzzles may lead to mental rewards that feel good at a non-conscious level, hence making them more interested in the subject, bringing them closer to the brand.
- Behavior is tough to change. The same thing holds true to web-based businesses. To convert curious viewers into loyal, paying & long term customers, rather than asking them to shift their behavior overnight by switching brands in marketing pitches, applying a step-by-step approach to pique their interest let them get comfortable and engage with the brand.
Also Read: 10 Effective Modern Fonts For Impactful Communication
- Our brains use context to make sense of the world. Context drives perception. Anytime marketers change their brand, one of the biggest concerns is that the new executions won’t trigger the brand automatically. To support this transition, marketers should take advantage of the fact that the brain always processes information relative to context and past experiences. Identifying other distinctive brand assets and the common contexts within which consumers expect to see the brand will help in activation of the brand.
- Doing a social media one on one survey also helps decide which elements of the brand one should incorporate to attract maximum customers while refreshing their packaging or launching a new product. Asking a set of questions similar to the following ones would of help:
Also Read: Hybrid Workplace Model: Pros & Cons
1.What drives their behaviour?
- What makes the brand distinctive and stand out from others?
- What elements of the brand identity are distinctive brand assets and must not be touched?
- Which of the brand identity elements need to be evolved and how to go about doing it?
Also Read: Systematic Review On Blockchain Adoption In Banking Chapter 1
5. Which brand identity elements are holding the brand back and should be removed?
The above mentioned are several key principles behind behavioral science that when understood correctly, can be a powerful marketing arsenal for a brand. There are many other principles like loss aversion, anchors, and temporal discounting that are proven to have created better marketing strategies for customer pull and engagements on digital platforms over the years.
Image Source: HICS
Admissions are open
You can download the application form with this form