Rules and Regulations of HETIC HACKATHON 2022
Registration for HACKATHON 2022
Registration of teams must be done by a Team Leader only. The registration process is simple. All you need to do is…
Fill in all the required details.
Don’t forget to click ‘Submit’’
You have been successfully registered.
Team Formation Rules
• Each team would comprise 2 to 4 members (including a team leader) with 1 team mentor (optional but recommended).
• Team members could be from different institutions as well. Make sure you have the proper Id-card for reference.
• Teams should be made up exclusively of students who are not organizers, Hackathon team. Teams must submit their project work on the theme as mentioned above only.
• No plagiarism/copy-paste will be entertained; if found, the teams will directly be disqualified from the hackathon.
• The hackathon begins on FRIDAY, 9th Dec 2022, at 10 am and ends on SATURDAY, 10th Dec 2022, at 10 am.
• The team must be registered for HETIC HACKATHON 2022 via google forms provided to submit the hackathon;
• Unregistered teams will not be entertained in any case.
• The registered teams have to attend the introductory session via meet (details and link will be shared with the registered teams via emails) on 10th DEC 2022.
• The hackathon will be live just after the introductory sessions
• The submission form link will be shared with the registered teams and the submission
• of PPT and other required files must be uploaded in the submission form
• Only one person in the team would be the team leader, who must register on behalf of all the members.
• The PPT (10-12 Slides) of the idea and project link/application/software link for the hackathon should be submitted on the form provided along with all the mandatory details.
• A working demo video of your project must be uploaded along with the project submission
• All the details should be provided in the prescribed format; otherwise, they are bound to get rejected.
• Teams that have not submitted the hackathon will be automatically disqualified.
• Already implemented hackathons can be used, but extra points will be given to original and innovative hackathons.
Selection Criteria and Follow-ups
• Evaluation criteria will include novelty of the hackathon, complexity, clarity and details in the prescribed format, feasibility, practicability, sustainability, the scale of impact, user experience and potential for future work progression.
• Results of the Hackathon will be declared on 12 DEC 2022. Results will be displayed on the website (link will be shared soon), and the shortlisted teams will be notified via email.
General Hackathon Rules
• All work on a project should be done during the Hackathon. Your code repository must be initialized at the beginning of the Hackathon itself.
• Teams can use libraries, frameworks, or open-source code in their projects. Working on a project before the event and open-sourcing it for the sole purpose of using the code during the event is against the spirit of the rules and is not allowed.
• Teams must stop hacking once the time is up. However, teams can debug and make minor fixes to their programs after time is up.
• Teams can be disqualified from the competition at the organizers’ discretion. Reasons might include but are not limited to breaking the Competition Rules, the Code of Conduct, or other unsporting behaviour.
• Hackathon Judging Criteria and presentation rules will be disclosed an hour before the Hackathon begins.
• Valid Bank account details must be provided when asked for the prize money to get processed. Regular processing time is applicable for the prize money to get processed.
• In case of discrepancies, the final take shall lie with the organizers.
Last date of confirmation of participation by selected teams- Will be announced later
Last date of declaration of shortlisted candidates- Will be announced later
Admissions are open
You can download the application form with this form