Bachelor of Management Studies in Digital Business
The BMS in Digital Business program gives students a strong foundation in business knowledge and skills in the first year, before focusing on digital business management in years two and three.
Understanding the concept and principles of management and applying them to business scenarios is one of the key courses in this program, offering students operational and cultural perspectives on the corporate world.
The Bachelor of Management Studies in Digital Business (BMS-DB) will enable students to understand how firms become Digital in scope. They will learn to apply management theories and techniques that are important in an increasingly digital business environment. New research findings, case studies, and comparative perspectives on the management of digitally operating firms will help students understand these issues in detail.
Candidate should have passed 10+2 from a recognized board with at least 50% marks and having proficiency in English.
3 years | Full-time (6 Semesters)
Diploma Certification from HETIC, Paris and BMS degree from Jain (Deemed-to-be University), Bengaluru.
Admissions Open – 2023
- Digital Business opportunities are exponentially increasing in India with the top names in retail, banking, consumer, IT, Telecom, etc. looking for professionals with digital capabilities in technology, design, marketing, business management, customer acquisition, operations, etc.
- There are huge opportunities for entrepreneurs in India developing digital products and services.
In the first year, the BMS in Digital Business program will give a comprehensive understanding of core business modules related to Management Concepts and Principles, Managerial Economics, Quantitative Techniques, Macro Economics, Accounting, and International Business. This will be complemented by skill-based tests, assignments, and group activities.
In the second year, students will acquire a keen understanding of digital business by studying core subjects such as Marketing, Finance, Human Relations, Branding, etc. Students gain insights into internal and external business environments. They will deepen their knowledge of internal company processes. Communication will be thoroughly addressed, as it remains a major challenge in business entities.
In the third year, students continue their business management studies with a strong focus on subjects covering essential skills such as Strategy, Business Law, Salesmanship, Media, Ethics, Negotiation, Team Work and Cross-Cultural Leadership, Branding, Digital Marketing, etc. to enhance their expertise. This phase provides an opportunity to broaden the students’ expertise in leadership and strategic thinking.
Training students to understand Digital Business aspects through marketing, technical, business, financial, and human dimensions.
Imparting knowledge in core management subjects with specific emphasis on Internet Economy sectors.
Facilitating basic proficiency in the key roles in this sector and the methods and processes through which they are delivered.
Enabling future graduates to take action in management positions.
Developing a network through conferences, public forum, networking, and Masterclasses.
Putting into practice effective sales techniques and procedures including marketing, public relations, and entrepreneurship within the industry-specific techniques.
Upon successful completion of the BMS in Digital Business, graduates should be able to:
- Develop policies and practices that are aligned with organizational goals & objectives in both traditional and digital business settings.
- Critically evaluate a business situation to identify opportunities and constraints to make it a digital business.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the skills needed to manage digital business functions by applying the knowledge gained within many management functions.
- Develop, implement, and monitor initiatives aimed towards improving the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of people, processes, functions, or business units within the framework of a digital business.
- Demonstrate essential employability skills including teamwork, creative thinking, communication and reasoning skills, and an ability to apply these skills in domestic as well as global contexts.
- English – I
- Management Concepts
- Managerial Economics
- Business Research Methods
- Introduction to Programming
- Language – French I
- Project – I
- English – II
- Fundamentals of Financial Accounting
- Marketing Management
- Human Resource Management
- Managing Technology Business
- Web Development
- Digital Entrepreneurship
- Intellectual Property Rights
- Digital Marketing
- Financial Management
- Strategic Management
- Communicative English
- Creativity and Innovation Management/ UI-UX Design for Business
- Professional Effectiveness/ Mind Management and Human Values
- Retail and Supply Chain Management
- Business Taxation (With GST)
- Business Negotiations
- Environment Studies
- New Media Management
- Ethics and Values
- Management Information System
- Services Marketing and E-commerce
- Managing Virtual Organizations
- Emerging Technologies for Business(IOT)
- Emerging Technologies for Business(Cloud)
- Digital Consumer and Digital Branding
- Internship Assessment
- Digital Transformation
- Knowledge Management
- Emerging Technologies for Business (Robotics)
- Emerging Technologies for Business(AI)
- Emerging Technologies For Business(AR/VR)
- Capstone Project
Teaching and Learning Strategies
The teaching and learning pattern allows students to progress at a pace suited to their individual needs and to work on their own initiative in areas of interest. It aims to:
- Introduce students to the techniques of researching, organizing, and presenting their work.
- Stimulate logical thinking and critical analysis.
- Develop a sense of responsibility for attaining the set objectives.
The content of the course is founded on a sound theoretical basis and includes experience-based and hands-on forms of learning such as case studies, project work, and assignments. An expert tutor team offers its support on both individual and a group basis.