Master of Business Administration in Digital Business
The MBA in Digital Business program will help students emerge into well-rounded professionals ready to take up challenges of the industry in diverse areas from retail to manufacturing to the service sector. The combination of subjects is designed to instil a multidisciplinary approach and thus train students to take up the mantle in global businesses. Getting an MBA in Digital Marketing is prized as the industry has shown massive growth and have exceeded 340 billion dollars by 2022. Couple it with the digital Science field which has shown trillion dollars growth in the past few years.
When you get the specialized knowledge of Digital Marketing and the technological knowledge of booming digital science what happens is purely magic. You are a hot cake in the digital marketing world and becomes a leader who is an expert in the entire domain of AI/ML, IoT, Big Data, Business Analytics and others. Leading digital businesses into the new realms of innovation becomes easy.
Here are some reasons why you should opt out for this field.
- Big data and Analytics software market revenue grew to 67 billion US dollars. The global IAAS, PAAS and SAAS market size has exceeded 390 bn USD in 2022.
- The digital advertising market has reached USD 515287 mln in 2022 with search advertising market alone accounting for USD 203,238 mn in the year 2022.
- The revenue from E-commerce market is expected to reach US$ 4147, 774 million in 2022.
(Source: Statista )
The digital business is the most rapidly growing industry in the world
The MBA in Digital Business program will equip the students to develop into top-notch professionals or entrepreneurs in the digital business and booming areas of digital marketing.
There will be active support from HETIC School of Digital Leadership, our parent school, a reputed Technology and Digital Business institute located in Paris. This will include pedagogic assistance throughout the program plus an exciting study tour to Paris.
The minimum qualification required to be eligible for admission is 50% aggregate in the Graduate/Degree examination from a recognized university.
2 years | Full-time (4 Semesters)
Professional Certification from HETIC, Paris and MBA degree from Jain (Deemed-to-be University), Bengaluru.
Admissions Open – 2024
The primary employers would be from IT and ITES companies, management consultancies, and design firms. As Digital Transformation is domain-agnostic, opportunities would be available in multiple sectors like retail, manufacturing, transportation etc.
- The method of selection for the course shall be through a JET Exam and Personal Interview (PI).
- The institution may decide to conduct additional tests to select candidates.
- The shortlist of candidates to be called for GD/PI shall be prepared based on the score obtained by them in a State/National Level Entrance Examination like MAT/CAT/Karnataka PGCET/XAT apart from Jain Entrance Test (JET).
Need and Scope of the Program
The specific need of the Master of Business Administration in Digital Business program (MBA-DB) is to fulfil the gap in the market for graduate professionals, who are employment-ready in India as well as globally. The scope of this program encompasses all Technical, Management, Design, and humanities aspects of Digital Business.
The program intent is to prepare students to undertake work opportunities in organizations and governmental bodies undertaking digital transformation by leveraging the power of emerging digital technologies (including setting up their own enterprise) to design, develop, and deliver products and services – faster, cheaper, and better.
A student graduating from the program and having undergone relevant internship with a company undergoing a digital transformation – and even as a business leader – is not expected to be an expert in the depth of each technology, but should have developed the necessary acumen to know how applying different technologies could challenge the existing business model of the company – altering the sources of revenue and shifting the sources of profits. The need is for a shift in mindset from understanding how digital technologies support the current business to examining how they could also shape the future strategy and business model.
- Practical Approach: As part of the program, students will have access to Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Labs, Design Labs, IoT and Robotics Labs, and a Young Entrepreneur Space that are being set up on-premises. All of these initiatives are aimed at ensuring students acquire hands-on skillsets while developing managerial mindsets.
- On-campus Projects: Students will be provided real-life projects from the institute to solve business problems using technology and design thinking. These projects will help students develop an end-to-end perspective.
- Industry Practitioners as Faculties: Students will be exposed to the latest trends in business and technology through close interaction with industry professionals. These professionals will also play a mentoring role for students.
- Live Industry Projects: Replicating the model of Synergetic, live projects will be sourced from the industry and students will work on these projects under the guidance of faculty.
- Continuous Internships: Apart from summer internships, students will be a part of virtual/remote internships at various organizations during the academic year. These internships will be led by the respective organizations offering the internships.
- Industry Competitions and Visits: Students will participate in industry competitions conducted from time to time. The objective of this exercise is to gauge the performance of students relative to the industry and current trends. Individual- and program-level corrective actions will be devised based on these outcomes.
- Faculty from Parent Institute: Faculty from Paris would be visiting the campus for workshops and courses. They will ensure that the course content and pedagogy from HETIC, Paris is replicated in India.
- Project Collaborations: Students from India will collaborate with students from HETIC, Paris on projects. The delivery teams will consist of students from both locations working on common projects.
- Computer Applications for Business
- Business Communication
- Legal and Business Environment
- Organization Design
- Managerial Economics
- Marketing Management
- Organizational Behaviour
- Business Statistics & Analytics for Decision Making
- Financial Reporting, Statements, and Analysis
- Indian Financial Systems & Financial Markets
- Quantitative Techniques
- Marketing Research
- Corporate Finance
- Indian Economy & Policy
- Human Resources Management
- Business of e-Commerce
- Business Transformation Through Technology
- Customer Experience Management
- Data Mining Techniques
- Organization Study
- Operations Management
- Project Management
- Management Skills for Effectiveness
- Corporate Social Responsibility & Sustainability
- Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Knowledge Management
- Human-Computer Interaction
- Design Thinking
- Enterprise Resource Management
- Leveraging Digital Platforms
- Indian Ethos and Business Ethics
- Corporate Strategy
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence for Technology Leaders
- Leading Disruptive Change in Digital Economy
- Managing Virtual OrganizationsEmerging Technologies
- SIP + Research
SEMESTER-END NON-CREDIT PEDAGOGY COMPONENTS
- Semester 1: Industry Analysis Project to be evaluated by faculty from HETIC, Paris.
- Semester 2: Live Project Report Presentation to the HETIC Senior team.
- Semester 3: Seminar presentation to a joint committee of HETIC, Paris and India faculty.
- Semester 4: Symposium of the final student project involving participation and judges from the industry as well as faculty from HETIC, Paris.
To teach the students how to apply the knowledge of management theories and practices to solve business opportunities and challenges in a modern scenario.
To build the ability to develop value-based leadership.
Facilitating basic proficiency in the key roles in this sector and the methods and processes through which they are delivered.
To help build the ability to understand, analyse, and resolve economic, legal, and ethical aspects of digital business.
To enable the ability to lead self and others in the achievement of organisational goals along with personal objectives.
To teach how to contribute effectively to a healthy and successful team.
Upon successful completion of the MBA in Digital Business, graduates should be able to:
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the dynamics of the global Digital Business ecosystem.
- Demonstrate analytical skills, with respect to dynamics digital business with emphasis on Technology Management, Automation and IoT, Digital Marketing as well as Big Data and Artificial Intelligence.
- Apply business and technical knowledge to achieve and maintain market leadership positions in the Digital Business space.
- Exhibit assessment and design skills for research, promotion, and communication strategies within the Digital Business ecosystem.